Friday, June 22, 2007

How to get to know Singaporeans (if any) in the Company

1. Get lost amongst the maze-like workspaces. (Trust me, losing your way here is common.)
2. Look at the name tags identifying the occupant on the front of the cubicles.
3. Chance upon a name that sounds Singaporean/Malaysian.
4. Act on a hunch and email that person, if he/she is not at his/her desk.
5. It doesn't matter whether you are right or wrong. Either way, you will make a new friend.
6. Confirm via IM (which goes like this):

Me: "Excuse me, are you Singaporean? Or Malaysian?

He:"Yup to the first one."

M: "Cool! Your name sounds like you were originally from either country."

H: "How did you get my contact?"

M: "oh, I got lost earlier, then i saw your tag. Your name sounds Sporean or Malaysian. Either one."

H: "ok.. it's interesting that you found me."

M: "Yeah, serendipity."

H: "There are only 2 other compatriots here. I hang out with this other guy most of the time. Both of us graduated from MIT."


(I wanted to shout out: "Quitters!", but decided not to as I will be expecting a response in kind. All in good jest of course.)

Again, another small (JC) circle. Again, all guys too. Jialat man!!!

Monastery then, monastery now. Can go bang balls liao

No comments: