Saturday, April 28, 2007

About ScHoLaR

I, ScHoLaR, as my nick suggests, am a returned scholar from overseas. I received the prestigious (debatable) government scholarship some years ago, and I am presently working towards the goal of finishing my bond. I usually don't like people to call me a scholar, but thought that this nick was probably most suitable for this blog, where I could share with others about my experiences (interviews, work, etc). Therefore, for convenience, I shall use the word 'scholar' to describe all scholarship recipients.

I decided to contribute to this blog mainly because Takchek asked me to, but I also thought that it might be interesting for the blogosphere, if bloggers could take a peek at how interviews at various ministries/organs of state were actually conducted, the pressure scholars feel at work, etc.

I'm still thinking about what I could write for the next post. Perhaps something about the first interview I had after I returned to Singapore, or it could be about what I was required to do before my interviews. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

BeforeI pen my future posts, I hope that my readers can excuse me for my grammar and spelling mistakes. I am expected to write in perfect English at work (or risk getting a scolding from my superior), and thus hope that my readers in the blogosphere can give me a break. Also, as I'm constantly being overworked on weekdays (especially after the 5-day-week system started), I probably won't be able to blog that often.

OK, that's about it for my first post. Look out for my next post!

- ScHoLaR

No comments: